Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKESJ), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania offering the International Baccalaureate -IB PYP Diploma Programme, Pre IGCSE at grades 7 -9, IGCSE at Grades 10 and 11 and the NECTA curriculum from Form 1-6. The vision of AKESJ is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society.
AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The IT Support is responsible for providing maintenance assistance in all computers and related equipment’s.
The IT Support will be expected to work with all schools.
- To keep check on usage of authorized software.
- To keep up to date list of all computers and peripheral effective.
- To carry timely service for all computers and peripheral equipment and arrange repairs in necessary.
- To obtain backups for computers.
Applicants should have the following qualification and experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Information System for an accredited college or university with knowledge of Information technology into details.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Information Technology practicing.
Teacher – Creative Arts
The Teacher of Creative Arts at AKEST will be responsible to provides professional and inspirational practice and management of the entire creative arts provision across the Nursery and Primary schools.
S/he will need to demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to provide educational leadership across all relevant areas working closely with staff across the school.
Have a clear overall strategy for both the development of the creative arts at AKEST and the participation by pupils of all abilities in creative arts activities for enjoyment and lifelong engagement.
- To play in driving forward the quality of academic provision and helping AKEST to deliver its promise of providing a world class education.
- Teach in all aspects of the creative arts provision, including music, art and drama across the whole school.
- Lead the organization of all external affiliations, such as PYP evaluation visits.
- Oversee the organisation of school creative arts events in liaison with other schools and organisations
- Organise, lead and hold activities and events, including trips, to raise the profile of the creative arts within the community.
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Applicants should have the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from an accredited university and with qualification in IB-PYP teaching programme
- At least 3 years’ experience in international curriculum school, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system.
- Good understanding of and experience in curriculum management design, implementation and evaluation.
- Understanding of 21st century education practice, strategies for raising student’s achievement and effective frame work for school improvement planning and self- evaluation
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a letter of application describing experience, along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of education certificates (certified by TCU if studied out of Tanzania) and contact information of three confidential referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager. It should be addressed to HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania and should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network
The deadline for submitting the application is 12th July, 2021.