PHARMACIST – (1 POSITION)
- Verify billing, filling and dispensing of drugs to in and out patients are done in the right, orderly and timely manner.
- Answer drug information queries from doctors, junior staffs and patients.
- Identify, intervene and correct medication errors.
- Train and educate juniors on current good pharmacy practices and hospital policies
- Takes inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications and other pharmaceutical products and records results and check of expiry dates on medicines.
- Responds to patients’ questions about medications as well as communicating with prescribers about patients and medications
- Prepare store indents and to ensure drugs availability & storage in the pharmacy
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from recognized University
- Training on Sterile & Chemotherapy admixture will be an added advantage
- Maintain licensure in good standing as a Registered Pharmacist in the United Republic of Tanzania
- Certificate of Full Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience working in hospital setting
- Knowledge and understanding of drugs regulation
- Experience in preparation of medications for administration to patients: analyzing drug therapies regarding patient condition, disease state and concomitant therapies and making appropriate drug related recommendations to medical, nursing and other staff members.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – (1 POSITION)
- Assisting the pharmacist in the day-to-day operation of the pharmacy
- Measuring, mixing, packaging, labeling and delivering drugs
- Restocking medications and related supplies
- Identifying expired products for disposal, destruction, or return to supplier (MSD)
- Inputting prescriptions into the computer system
- Maintaining computerized lists of medications taken by patients
- Filling medication orders
- Account for all drugs by maintenance of stock card
- Dealing with clients on a one-to-one basis, directing them to items or the Pharmacist for medication consultation
- Looking after home health-care products
- Pre-packaging medications (including unit dose packaging)
- Cleaning and sterilizing dispensing bottles and instruments
- General filing ensuring proper patient and drug records are kept at all times
- Monitors drug stock in order to prevent stock outs and loss through expiry
- Generate reports on drug usage for the COE as required from time to time and submits to the Pharmacist for drug inspection.
- Participate in drug stocktaking to ensure that the physical stock tallies with the stock as reported on the stock cards
- Prepare reports on pharmacy as requested.
- Provide medication information to patients/guardians as neede
- Any other relevant business as may be required from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an approved Pharmacy Assistant/technician Program or equivalent
- Certification with the Medical Board or Pharmacists Board is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Swahili.
- Knowledge of relevant computer skills required.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality to follow specific instructions as there is no room for error.
- Well organized and have time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Customer service focused
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON
24th JULY, 2021.