Plant Assistant – 4 Pposts
Mara , Tanzania | Posted on 06/15/2021
Be pro-active in hazard identification.
- Ensure the water plant production is maximised and operating within the selected process design parameters.
- To make adjustments in the field as directed by the Process Controller and/or Plant supervisor.
- To conduct plant walkdowns, inspections and routines to identify any safety hazards and faulty equipment and process conditions.
- To check on stock levels of chemicals and top up chemicals when directed.
- Perform manual dosing of chemicals where required.
- Take representative samples, perform basic laboratory analysis and report results.
- To carry out daily inspection of all equipment and report any defects.
- Start and stop equipment /open and close valves in the field as directed by the Process Controller/ Control Room Operator.
- Perform plant standby, running and isolation procedures.Check on and report on feed dam, brine pond, sludge pond and storage tank levels.
- Complete all shift logs with the appropriate plant data as per frequencies and schedules.
- Take routine plant samples in accordance with the specified procedure and as per the required frequencies.
- Follow the required analytical methods as per procedures.
- Document all results on shift logs and report any out of specification results to the Process Controller/Control Room Operator.
- Report all equipment and plant defects as soon as possible.
- Report any out of normal operating conditions.
- Safety, Health & Environment
- Ensure all client and company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all work performed is covered by suitable risk assessments.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices on the plant are always maintained at a high level. A place for everything and everything in its place.
- Clean all plant and process spillages as per procedure.
- Matric, Grade 12 with a pass in both Maths and Science.
- Water treatment Plant exposure.
- Awareness of industrial safety.
- Safety training.
Knowledge and Skills Technical Analysis
- Basic mechanical and electrical understanding of plants and equipment, with the associated risks.
- Awareness of industry safety standards.
- Understanding of plant operations.
- Basic sample techniques.
- Basic laboratory techniques.
- Awareness of chemical handling methods.
- Awareness of standby, running and isolation checks.
Complete inspection and data logs.
Compliance Ability to follow defined site procedures.
Trainable Open to growth and new learning. Disciplined in applying the learning received