Job no: 493837
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Dar es Salam, Tanzania – Kagera, Tanzania – Mwanza, Tanzania – Tanga
Categories: Program Management/Implementation/Support
POSITION SUMMARY: The receptionist will support administrative tasks related to the survey, including coordination of appointment visits and management of participant flow at the survey site.
- Manage participant flow
- Coordinate survey appointment visits
- Review participant checklists for completion
- Answer phone calls
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality throughout the survey.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in Business Administration
- 2-3 years of experience in administration.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting research studies involving key and vulnerable populations is an advantage.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task
- Ability to adapt and work with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate from key and vulnerable populations is preferred.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English languages
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks receptionist to be based in Mwanza, Arusha, Tanga, Mbeya, Dodoma, Shinyanga and Kagera, Tanzania.
The receptionist will support administrative tasks related to the survey, including coordination of appointment visits and management of participant flow at the survey site.
“The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.”
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 February, 2021