Community service Assistant (6)
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position Title: Community service Assistant (6)
Reports to: Regional Project Manager
Work Station: Tanga, Simiyu & Mara
The Community Service Assistant supports day-to-day field implementation of a community-based HIV testing and prevention program targeting key and vulnerable populations (KVP). S/he will work closely with the Community Service Officer(s) to ensure delivery of community-based HIV testing services for target beneficiaries.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in developing work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the district level including supervision of field activities
- Support the delivery of field-based HIV prevention services to the KPs/PPs including scheduling and implementing day/night mobile outreach campaigns and index testing.
- Conduct day-to-day program implementation at the site level including preparing logistics for field activities.
- Support HIV testing and pre and post-test counseling to KP/PPs, and facilitate referrals for HIV positive clients.
- Mentor and supervise community outreach volunteers regularly and frequently during outreach sessions and lead weekly outreach volunteer meetings;
- Support implementation of linkage case management activities for newly diagnosed HIV positive
- Support project initiatives in ensuring safety and ethical index testing services by adherence to set standards, IPV risk assessment and adverse events monitoring
- Prepare adequate supplies of commodities to community outreach volunteers, Expert client and Health Workers
- Support arrangement of healthcare workers who are engaged from health facilities to provide services in community-based activities via onsite supportive supervision and mentoring.
- Participate in the training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on Community based HIV services and KP/PP program
- Regularly conduct routine mapping/re-mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KPs and PPs are found
- Liaise with CHMT’s with Community Service officers to ensure that project activities are well implemented
- Assist with identifying/screening, recruiting, and training community outreach volunteers from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
- Support implementation of community-based test-and-treat strategies for cohorts of HIV positive beneficiaries and PrEP uptake for HIV negative beneficiaries, including identifying gaps and drop-offs along the cascade and ensure adequate supplies for smooth program implementation.
- Support implementation of community-based HIVST to the targeted population including identifying gaps and drop-offs along the cascade and ensure adequate supplies for smooth program implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Advance Diploma/Diploma level trained personnel (nurse, clinician, laboratory technician,) who have current qualifications and training in phlebotomy and HIV testing duties.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing HIV testing and counselling services with demonstrated familiarity with MOH systems, tools and procedure for HIV testing and care management
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English and Kiswahili. Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information in data sources.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background
- Preference given to those who have additional experience with community-based HIV programs targeting KVP
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org