SHANTA MINING COMPANY LIMITED
CCTV OPERATORS (6 POSTS)
SCOPE OF ROLE
LEVEL OF WORK: 1 ROLE TYPE: Individual Contributor.
REGION/DISCIPLINE: -Tanzania BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION: Singida Gold Mine, Central Tanzania.
Work Schedule: 5 Days On/2 Days Off (Off Camp) Duration: 2 Years
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Asset Protection Team Leader – Security
Operations Centre (SOC)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure that the Singida Gold Mine has a 24/7 operations centre that is accountable for monitoring radio communications and carrying out CCTV surveillance in keys are of the mine, in particular the construction area, production plant, gold room, stockpiles access control points and other areas assigned. Reporting any issues/incidents that could affect daily mine operations, in terms of health, safety, environmental and asset protection. Be the first point of contact for all emergencies that may occur on or off SGM and activate a response in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan. Activate the Security Response Plan as and when required Immediately.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
CCTV Operator has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Keep any and all information, seen, overheard, written, spoken about, relating to, operations, investigations, personal conversations etc. strictly confidential and you will not repeat that information to anyone at any time by any means.
- Gather information / intelligence at all times on and off duty, on and off site and report your findings to APD management who may act on it if deemed a risk. All information will be treated as confidential. This may be information relating to theft, armed attacks, worker / community unrest, fraud, corruption, dishonesty etc.
- Ensure that all systems are working correctly and report any faults straight away to the relevant party.
- Ensure that all the required passwords and usernames are kept up to date, confidential and are not shared.
- Read understands all SMCL SOP’s relating to all aspects of the role and site wide policies and procedures. Reports any violation of SMCL policies and/or procedures straight away.
- Submit the required daily reports to the management team as per required standard in the right timeframe.
- Assist and advise on the development of the CCTV security procedures, equipment, and deployment.
- Be proactive in all aspects of asset protection to prevent and eliminate crimes (theft and fraud)
- Have an in depth understanding of the emergency response plan (ERP) and what is required in the event the plan is put into action. Ensure all calls for assistance are followed up and logged in the required format straight away.
- Carry our regular radio checks with all posts; ensure all checks are logged in the daily sitrep.
- Ensure that the security response teams & mobile patrol teams are in their areas of operation at all times. Use the tracking system to review their movements, check speed hourly and record on sitrep.
- Report any safety issues observed via CCTV to the appropriate supervisor(s)
- Ensure any and all keys handed in (and out) are logged in and signed out accordingly, ensure only authorized personnel will be issued keys after signing for them.
- Maintain constant observation on key areas and report any suspicious activities straight away to the SOC Team Leader and to APD management team.
- Ensure all suspicious activities viewed through CCTV are recorded and saved for future reference. Log in the CCTV report. In the event of activity deemed suspicious intervene immediately using the correct means of communication and with assistance from any APD personnel in the immediate area.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the role you will not interact/socialize with outsiders unless for the purposes of gathering intelligence.
- Ensure that all incidents as viewed on CCTV remain confidential at all times. Bookmark and log all for future reference.
- Provide assistance to the management team when they are conducting internal investigations ensuring all information remains confidential.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Be a champion of safety, contribute in all areas of Health, Safety and Environmental protection.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Must be a holder of O-level secondary education and above.
Certificate/Diploma in Security and Risk Management by accredited authority is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Professional in manner, with ability to communicate well at all levels, both internally and externally.
Produce a very detailed reports and logs.
Must be in possession of high level of integrity, no criminal background, and unquestionable ethics.
Strong computer skills are a must.
Strong organization skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) via email to: Recruitment@shantamining.co.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 July 2021.