Graphic Design Intern
Abel & Fernandes Communications
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Abel & Fernandes is an integrated marketing agency specialising in a strategic hybrid of traditional PR, SEO, Social media and media-rich content. Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Abel & Fernandes has over 20 years of collective experience working with some of the most disruptive and innovative companies in the world.
Abel & Fernandes actively seeks out people who embody our core values: integrity, creativity and agility.
Are you one of us?
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and visual storyteller to join our team of Thinkers, Doers and Creators who will share the same passion in delivering outstanding content; and is enthusiastic about delivering it across a myriad of platforms.
The Graphic Design Intern collaborates with the creative team to execute a variety of marketing and communications projects, both for clients and for internal use. The role relies on the ability to visually communicate Abel & Fernandes and client brands across all projects and initiatives while maintaining a positive attitude and energy.
This role’s primary function is to execute the production of design under the guidance of the senior creative management team. The Graphic Design Intern has strong graphic design and time management skills with a collaborative mindset to be able to support all internal teams with various design projects.
You will be working both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects in a fast-paced, creative, and fun environment. You will get the opportunity to work with some of the most highly respected and exciting brands in the world, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Client projects and presentation preparation.
- Abel & Fernandes marketing, operational, and administrative tasks.
- Designing graphics for digital products
- Create design layouts for websites, blogs, and social media accounts
- Creating graphics for advertisements, websites, marketing campaigns, infographics, blog images, digital ads, flyers, and social media images.
- Design presentations and sales material
- Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions.
- Generating ideas and concepts for various marketing and advertising deliverables.
- Delivering digital marketing assets, resizes, and branded content.
- Collaborating with various teams and leadership on ideation and strategic decisions.
- Assist with editing, management and organisation of image and graphic file archives
Skills needed for success:
- Have a can-do attitude and be ready to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Enthusiasm for the design process, meticulous attention to detail and attentiveness to different project goals, and willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Must have or be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art or related field.
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Love designing across all media (print, digital, 3D) with a strong background in graphic arts
- Strong Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Find the right balance between taking direction and taking initiative.
- An obsession of attention to detail
- Portfolio link or samples of recent work
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Google Workplace suite of products
- Knowledge of video and/or animation software is a plus.
- Programming skills
- Motion graphics skills.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and jQuery
This unpaid internship position is anticipated to last for up to 3 months
Please send a covering letter and your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org