ADP-Mbozi is a registered national NGO on 10th October 2005 under section 11(3) Act No. 24 of 2002. Originally registered under the Trustees Incorporation Ordinance Cap. 375 on 29th November 1995 with registration number 1639. Since then, the Organization has grown in terms of interventions and coverage.
Currently the ADP Mbozi aims to be a leader in facilitating socio-economic empowerment of marginalized rural and urban communities in Tanzania through community empowerment on HIV prevention, impact mitigation, gender and good governance; promotion of improved agriculture production and food utilization, entrepreneurship and market development, addressing challenges of environment.
This is a result-oriented organization that offers its employees opportunities and experiences that are both interesting and challenging.
The headquarter of the organization is located in Vwawa town the headquarter of Songwe Region, about 70 km from Mbeya city and long the Dar es Salaam –Lusaka highway.
In collaboration with Pact Tanzania , ADP-Mbozi is implementing ACHIEVE project in Mbozi DC, Momba DC, Tunduma TC(Songwe Region), Mbeya CC, Kyela DC and Mbalari DC.(Mbeya Region)
ACHIEVE / DREAM project is the USAID funded project that aims to strengthen local organizations and national and community level social welfare systems, structures, and work force to support and sustain OVC to access HIV -inclusive services that support their health and wellbeing.
Specifically the program aims to:-
- Strengthen the capacity of the national and community level social welfare workforce, systems, and structures to ensure quality services for OVC, at -risk AGYW, and people living with HIV(PLHIV)
- Build capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR awards as prime implementing partners ACHIEVE Tanzania Project will support the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
- Deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW and OVC caregivers In order to achieve the intended objectives, the organization seeks a dedicated and keen person to undertake the following post:
Reporting to: Head of finance and Administration
Line Manage: None
Location: Mbeya City Council.
To ensure that financial procedures are followed to avoid un allowable and questioned costs as well as financial transactions managed and maintained from fixed payment and variables expenses to bank deposits and budget so as to enable smooth implementation of ACHIEVE project.
Roles and Responsibilities.
- Ensure the monthly review of project budget performance against the approved project budgets; forecasting expenses and tracking the ongoing commitments against the approved cash position.
- Manage all accounting transaction of the project.
- Prepare budget forecasts of the project.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closing of financial reports of the project.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable of the project.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Prepare financial report of the project
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation of the project.
- Report on organization financial health and liquidity of the project
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database when necessary
- Comply with financial policy and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 2 years of relevant experience on the same role.
- Required Certification: CPA (T) certification completed (CPA and /or ACCA)
- Required Work Experience: Minimum 2 years’ progressive experience in accounting and finance especially on managing donor funded projects.
- Required Supervisory Experience: Minimum 2 years’ supervision of a team of at least 5 people.
- Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment; demonstrating both the autonomy and collaboration skills needed to advance ACHIEVE PROJECT’s purpose and the leadership to inspire confidence of all internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Quicky Books.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage a complex team
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
How to apply:
Interested applicant should send his/her application letter accompanied with Curriculum Vitae and Academic transcripts, and 3 referees to:
Deadline for application: 23/12/2021 before office business closure; 15.30 hours