Risk & Compliance Manager
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable candidate for the Risk & Compliance Manager Position. The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Managing the license acquisition, license compliance and license renewal for all types of licenses needed in the Airtel Money operation.
- Nurturing an effective working relationship with government and other relevant parties involved in licensing decisions to obtain and sustain proper and profitable agreements for Airtel Money.
- Participating in coordination with Group Compliance, in developing strategy and departmental governance and compliance for the OPC.
- Maintaining the compliance risk environment, control review and control and monitoring.
1. License Acquisition;
- To support the business development teams and provide expertise and leadership in acquiring appropriate new licenses when the business needs them.
- To advise, guide, review and lead the teams when negotiating for new licenses, new type of licenses or renewal of existing licenses, specifically ensure adequate and appropriate frequency and spectrum allocation.
- To develop standards and guidelines to be used in the Group for acceptable Airtel Money license terms, conditions and obligations.
- To manage all Airtel Money operating licenses and ensure that:
- All obligations are met during the life of the license, these obligations include, roll out, universal service and reporting obligations.
- Penalties are not levied against the business due to noncompliance with obligations made in the licenses
- Our performance in each Airtel Money license positions us well when our licenses come up for renewal.
- To pay all annual/ quarterly fees timely as required by the licenses awarded to the business).
2. Effective working relationship with Government and other relevant parties.
- Provide expert advice and useful input to government authorities on the licensing framework in countries in which we operate.
- To ensure that Monthly and Quarterly reports are submitted to management and significant events are brought to management attention immediately.
3. Coordination with Group Compliance;
- To identify and implement Compliance Monitoring framework, prepare and submit compliance status reports to the board on a regular basis
- Closure of Statutory and Internal Audit issues by implementation of agreed audit recommendations
- Design Gap analysis for all Compliance processes and controls.
- Analyze and identify possible money laundering activity reported by country’s Airtel Money Operations, Banks or other merchants and report the same to the regulatory authorities.
- Respond to country’s Anti Money Laundry & Compliance inquiries.
- Review and address systems generated and manual AML alerts.
- Maintain AML/KYC compliance risk data collection, analysis and preparing reports with recommendations to mitigate exposures.
- Investigate suspicious transactions and file Suspicious Activity Reports as required.
- Assist and train other departments’ personnel, agents, and dealers on AML & Compliance issues to ensure a compliance culture within the Country.
- Prepare internal & external compliance reports for the Group compliance office with regard to external and regulatory compliance issues on AML/KYC.
- Provide all reports and information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attend training sessions as required to keep current with regulation changes, partnering bank and HQ policies.
- Create a culture of compliance by ensuring that management and staff embrace compliance by training.
- Managing, driving and supporting the initiative of regulatory framework.
- Co-ordination of regulatory inspections and examinations.
- To advise the Board and Management on new laws, regulations and applicability.
4. Maintain the compliance risk environment;
- Identify and assess the compliance risks associated with the Country’s current and future business activities including new products and services and new business relationships.
- Host Monthly Airtel Money forum/meetings to discuss High Risk Compliance and country Risk issues and agree on remedial action
- Perform periodic review and auditing of controls relate to Airtel Money compliance
- Report to management all identified control deficiencies during review, including fraud indicators.
- Maintain comprehensive tracker of issues identified through own compliance checks, Internal and external Audits, other conformance reviews and regulatory examinations. Work closely with the Airtel Money team to ensure adequate and timely closure.
- Drive process improvement exercises to improve compliance and controls environment
Qualifications and Experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or Auditing and accounting, or an advanced degree desirable.
- Must understand the Airtel Money licensing regulations and relevant country regulations that governs mobile money, or financial institutions.
- A solid knowledge of the telecommunications industry, it’s technology, telecommunications products, industry trends etc.
- Review and Analytical skills
- Ability to challenge, influence management integrity and adherence to Code of ethics
- 7-10 years’ work experience in Risk & Compliance issues within telecom industry or financial services industry
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Hands on approach able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
Deadline for receiving applications is 16th July 2021.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.