Head of Human Resources & Training
CAREER WITH BRAC TANZANIA FINANCE LTD
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organization having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Position: Head of Human Resources & Training
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Head of HR and Training is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The HHR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team and shareholders.
- Provide HR leadership; collaborate with the management team to design and implement Strategies to support organizational growth and culture.
- Collaborate with head office HR team in rolling out organizational development initiatives
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the organization, monitoring and interpreting trends and key HR metrics
- Manage full cycle of HR operations
- Develop practices and programs that attract, retain and develop the best possible talent in the marketplace and makes the company attractive through competitive pay and an engaging culture
- Capability building – the development of people and processes to ensure the delivery of HR services across the country and ensuring greater employee engagement, motivation and productivity.
- Selection and special projects – proposing and delivering new HR initiatives and cascading progressive HR practices, coordinating and communicating with head office and other countries, supporting change management programmes.
- HR Policy review and analytics – monitoring all aspects of HR compliance and employment legislation.
- HRIS – Monitor & guide the team to ensure that staff information are maintained & updated in the ERP HR system. supporting HRIS and evaluating relevant HR data.
- Implementing functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Overseeing our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Relationship Management – managing the above whilst maintaining all relevant internal and external relationships.
- Review and update our employment contracts and agreements
- Develop and implement departmental budget
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, Industrial relations or related area of focus is required; Master degree (e.g., MBA, MA-HR) strongly preferred.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management, HR Profession certification are an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years HR experience with 3 year experience in the similar role.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Prior experience working within a financial institution & INGO is a plus
- Experience of managing a large team
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- Ability to travel to domestic and international offices on short notice
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational/leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Employment type: Contractual
Salary : Negotiable.
To apply, please email your resume, detailed cover letter, references, and writing sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 06/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: Please apply on or before January 31, 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.