Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Fitter Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Process Mechanical Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process Mechanical Supervisor
- To assist Fitter Perform engineering measurements
- To assist Fitter to do effective faults diagnosis and conduct effective repairs of all breakdowns.
- To assist Fitter with dismantling, replacing and assembling engineering components.
- Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily –Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- To assist Fitter on plant inspections daily, weekly, monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- To assist Fitter on Equipment Preventive Maintenance Schedule & work carried out accordingly daily
- Assist Fitter in installation & commissioning of new equipment as per Company Standard Operating Procedures- Risk Assessment, Procedure, Training, Competency Assessment
- All possible hazards on route and inside workplaces identified, rectified and/or reported daily when on shift (minimum 5 when on shift)
- Zero involvement in an incident/ accident, those occurred are reported to Leader within the Shift
- 7 Safety Interactions to be completed each week
- Field Level Risk Assessment completed accurately for every task assigned
- Team based Job Safety Analysis completed accurately for every task with a Standard Operating Procedure
- Carry out housekeeping activities before and after every task completed
- Attendance at the daily toolbox/ Line up meeting.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job. This includes returning used parts to stores, tools, & equipment to designated areas, and spills cleaned up.
- Competent in the use/operation of all required power tools and hand tools, inspected and maintained daily
- Completing required Logbooks for Inspection daily, weekly, monthly
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Fitter trade certificate grade I
1 Years’ experience in similar role. Experience in mining industry is added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Demonstrates a high concern for health, safety and environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “FITTER ASSISTANT “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check also More Than 200+ New Jobs Available in Your City Apply Now
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.Please forward applications before 02nd September 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com