Human Resource and Administration Officer
Vacant Position About CRS:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official overseas relief and development organization of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and has served people living in poverty and situations of vulnerability in over 100 countries since 1943. In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and accomplished this through development programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.CRS is inviting experienced and qualified citizens of Tanzania to apply for the following post.
Human Resource and Administration Officer – Dar es Salaam based (1 position)
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Provide support to the Operations Manager in his/her daily responsibilities with regard to the overall management of HR programs and Administrative Services for the CP.
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost-efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery, to ensure they meet the latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders (i.e. government officials, landlords, service providers) on assigned administrative matters and help ensure required authorizations and documents are up to date.
- Collect and organize input on HR and Administrative systems, processes, and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
- Support professional development needs assessment and helps ensure the provision of precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
- Maintain record keeping through personnel files and/ or Insight that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide support on analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics, and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning, and development.
- Supports the country program on compliance and registration issues related to NGO laws and amendments per the requirements of the government of Tanzania.
- Help ensure HR and Administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and fully compliant of office materials and asset management systems.
- Monitor, review, and analyze inventory accounting records and data entries in the inventory tracking for accuracy and completeness. Report accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management/ Business Administration required. Additional relevant experience and completion of HR certification courses. (See EOE disclaimer below.)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in HR and Administration, preferably with an international or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with, understanding the local labor law employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong relations management abilities. Strategic ability to relate and approach people at all levels internally and externally.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities, very good analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Very good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates, people with disabilities, and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies, and existing expertise is assessed and valued.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications to CRS Human Resources at TZ_HR@crs.org by 17h00 EAT on 19 February 2021
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Only short-listed candidates will he contacted