Business & Markets Facilitator- Public Private Partnershi
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Iringa , Tanzania | Posted on 07/06/2021
Reports to: Senior Manager, PPPs & Public Forests
Direct Reports: None
Location: Iringa, with frequent travel expected within Tanzania.
The Business and Markets Facilitator – PPP will play an important role in the implementation of the Trust’s intervention focused on PPPs / Concessions on public land. The objective of the role will be to support the component to successfully deliver a pilot PPP initiative that establishes high quality plantations on public land with private investors and provides demonstration and learning that supports future scale up of PPP plantation initiatives on public land. The role will take responsibility for delivering key intervention activities and will be on the front-line engaging daily with the diverse range of commercial forestry sector players in the public and private sector who all have a role in ensuring successful delivery of the intervention.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
1) Effectively manage implementation of elements of PPP intervention
- Manage implementation of elements of PPP intervention.
- Support intervention design, providing insight from experience on the ground, and contribute to production of concept notes as required by line manager.
- Through implementation and engaging closely with stakeholders, identify challenges and new opportunities and propose potential adaptions to intervention strategy that could improve outcomes, including identification of key risks to the intervention.
- Support line manager with work, resource and budget planning for the PPP intervention.
2) Drive stakeholder engagement and mobilization to support speed and quality of PPP intervention.
- Identify potential strategic partners for PPP intervention. Undertake stakeholder analysis to assess suitability of stakeholder for a partnership with organization
- Build and maintain relationships with key intervention partners, keeping track of ongoing constraints and opportunities
- Utilise organization staff and the wider client’s network to help deploy specialist competencies into the PPP intervention as required.
3) Contribute to the development and support implementation of the measurement and learning plan for PPP intervention.
- Input into the development of the measurement framework and plan for PPP intervention, and collect data / information in line with measurement and learning requirements.
- Support completion of key learning pieces relating to the PPP intervention and share key lessons learnt based on intervention implementation experiences with wider organization
4) Complete research and analysis that informs intervention.
- Develop an understanding of different PPP models through research and use them to help inform discussions on investment frameworks and benefit sharing.
- Develop an understanding of the constraints to PPP, both on the demand and supply side and research/ analyse how they could be overcome with intervention by development actors such as organiztion
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelors’ Degree Business, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Forestry, Agribusiness or any other relevant field social sciences from a reputable training institute.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Planning and implementing skills that support effective delivery and progress tracking of interventions.
- Technical knowledge and skills, with a focus on understanding drivers of investment in plantation development and service provision, and the operational challenges associated with delivery.
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement capabilities: strong communicator and relationship builder, demonstrating the ability to facilitate change among private and public sector.
- Strong analytical skills, with a good understanding of business and financial analysis to help understand and inform stakeholders of investment opportunities as well as strong market systems thinking that contributes to creating innovations that address challenges in the market system.
- Effective presentation and business writing skills and able to effectively convey key messages internally and externally.
- Empathises with GA’s mission and values and brings both a commitment to African development and an understanding of the development landscape.
- Solution orientated with a thirst for solving problems.
- Organised, energetic, proactive and a self-starter, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and external factors as well as work independently.
- Driven by results and delivering impact.
- Integrity and professionalism, setting and demonstrating the highest ethical and moral standards and a strong sense of personal accountability.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a programme delivery role, including programme management, preferably through Market Systems Approach.
- Experience working with and building strong relationships with public and private sector partners.
- Experience in business and financial analysis leading to development of attractive business models.
- Experience in drafting key documents, delivering quantitative and qualitative analysis and development of presentations to the highest professional standards.
- Knowledge / experience of PPP processes
- Technical understanding of plantation development
- Experience in investment promotion
We have developed a set of core values that will be used to assess a candidate’s fit with the organisation and provide the basis for the culture that we aspire to use in our operations. Our staff are:
- Ambitious – We are motivated by the impact of our work and fulfilling our potential.
- Collaborative – We are stronger together and achieve most when we empower others to succeed.
- Thoughtful – We thrive on new ideas, innovation, and evidence.
- Dynamic – We rapidly adapt to new challenges, opportunities, and learning.
- Honest – We are honest with ourselves and others, and this helps us to learn and improve.
- Caring – We put people first and we look out for each other.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying, please check that you can answer yes to all the following questions:
- Are you a Tanzanian national willing to work in Iringa and the Southern Highlands?
- Do you have at least five years’ exposure and practice in private sector development programmes and implementation preferably through market systems approaches.
- Do you understand the drivers of investment in plantation development and service provision, and the operational challenges associated with delivery?
- Do you have strong stakeholder engagement capabilities; and experience in working with and influencing public and private sector partners?
If you cannot answer yes to these questions, please do not apply, as we will be unable to progress your application.
If you can answer yes to all the above questions, please register with CV People Tanzania through their website and upload your up -to-date CV, and a supporting statement. The statement should be no more than 2 pages long – bullet points are acceptable. It should explain:
- Why you are interested in this role?
- How your skills and experience make you a good fit. Please relate your skills and experience to the person specification in this candidate pack, using bullet points if appropriate.
- What your key priorities would be if you are offered the role
The closing date for applications is 14 July 2021.