Cluster Accounting Officer
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 07/05/2021
Cluster Accounting Officer works with the Finance team to ensure that Pact’s financial policies and procedures and those of donors are adhered to all times and Safeguarding funds set aside specifically for insurance of grants and ensuring that they are used in line with the purpose intended by donor and accurate financial records are maintained by Implementing Partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to implement Pact Sub-grants activities in accordance with worldwide Pact policies and procedures and ensure funds set aside for further distribution in a form of grants to other organization are used in line with the purpose intended.
- On assigned grantees/partners receive and review monthly financial reports against sub grantee budget, program reports and deliverables as well as supporting documentation to check for allowability, allocability and reasonability.
- Conduct site visits to provide grants and financial management technical assistance and document site visits findings and issues.
- Prepare liquidation report of assigned grantees after review, verification of expenses and work with grantees to resolve outstanding issues.
- Receive advance request from assigned grantees and review them for correctness vis-a vis the budget past months spending and future obligation requirements.
- Work closely with Partner organizations, Pact finance team and other staff members in the compilation of data and preparation of monthly quarterly and annual reports
- Daily Support and Monitoring of Sub grantees on all Financial & Grants Management Aspects including internal controls and Fraud Management.
- Carry out other Finance related duties assigned by the Grants Finance Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting /Finance
- A Certified Public Accountant, or at most at NBAA advanced modules stage.
- Trained and experienced in use of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) for NGO sector
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the finance area, in particular Grants Accounting.
- Working experience in posting of financial data in accounting software.
- Prior experience in working with donor funded organizations and managing a functional level in a busy environment.
- Audit Experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications, PARTICULARLY EXCEL.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.