Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To enforce the access control system applied for controlling the entry and exit of Employees/Staff, Co-partners, (Sub)Contractors and Visitors/Guests
- To patrol the strategic points and installations
- To prevent unauthorized entry into security areas
- To report suspicious incidents, threats, or persons
- To confront any illegal action against the premises
- To report any breaches in security system
- To submit regular written and verbal reports
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property.
- Monitoring surveillance equipment.
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, access points and permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance.
- Interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Contributes to teamwork effort by accomplishing related results as needed by the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, as per core values (Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Professional behavior, Professional competence, and due care).
- Perform any related duties assigned by head of department
- Certificate of Secondary Education and above, with Security training i.e., military, police, prison, militia, or any private security training.
- At least 2 years of working experience in relevant position.
Skills and Competencies
- Good communication skills both verbal and written (English and Swahili)
- Strong leadership skills
- Problems solving skills
- Technical skills
- Teamwork skills
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development