EDI Global (Tanzania) Limited is a leading research and data collection company based in Tanzania and operating from its’ Head Office in Bukoba with a satellite office in Dar Es Salaam.
We are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for an Accountant based at our offices in Bukoba.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Accountant is responsible for carrying out the following company accounting functions:
- Enter data carefully into QuickBooks;
- Accurately prepare various accounts reports as and when required;
- Prepare payments and effect payments correctly through physical and /or electronic methods e.g. iBanking, M Pesa, etc;
- Maintain responsibly for the company’s general cash book;
- Make copies and scans of financial and accounts documents;
- Conduct field finance audits in accordance with company procedures;
- Accounting Records: Ensure, through the regular auditing and careful monitoring of the Accounts Team, that all accounting records are fully up to date and accurate including both electronic records (QuickBooks etc) and supporting paper documents;
- Payroll: Ensure that the payroll is carefully and accurately prepared each month and that all salaries are paid by the last working day of each month with the correct bookings being made into QuickBooks;
- Non-tax Statutory Payments: Ensure that all non-tax statutory remittances are accurately calculated and remittances are made timely to respective authorities / institutions. These include social security contributions, Workers Compensation Fund contribution, Staff HELSB Loans Board deductions;
- Taxation: Ensuring that full and accurate company tax reports are prepared and submitted to the TRA on or prior to TRA deadlines and that tax payments are made to TRA on or prior to the legally prescribed time frames. This includes such taxes such as PAYE, SDL, VAT, Withholding taxes and any other tax types;
- Imprest Accounts: Ensure that all imprest accounts are accurately and well recorded, timely retired and correctly reconciled;
- Pre-payment Checks: Check that procedures and processes are followed prior to finalisation of payments in accordance with company standards;
- Bank Accounts: Ensure that bank reconciliations are properly done by the fifth working day of the following month and reported to the Line Manager;
- Training and Support: Train new employees on the management of EDI Global funds & assets and the maintenance of other financial standards;
- Internal and External Auditing: Prior to and during audits, prepare all required documentation and cooperate with the external auditors throughout the audit exercise;
- Expenditure Forecast: Ensure that the monthly funds request (MFR) is accurately prepared and implemented timely and updates to the same are made as necessary;
- Insurance: Checking that all office equipment, staff and vehicles are insured and insurance claims for lost/stolen office equipment are processed timely;
- Account Receivable Management and Invoicing: In liaison with Project Team Leaders; ensure that invoices are submitted to clients in a timely manner. Carry out subsequent follow up with the client to ensure that invoices are paid within 30 days of the date of invoicing;
- Invoicing: Raise invoices to clients correctly based on the invoice schedules and process through the EFD machine; and,
- Control Accounts: Make sure the control accounts on the balance sheet are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- In addition, the Accountant will undertake any other related task assigned by the Finance Manager or a Director.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Holder of a Bachelors degree in accounting/finance with appreciable (3 – 5 years) work experience in a similar role;
- Holder of the CPA (T) certificate or equivalent or at least at an advanced stage towards obtaining CPA status is an added advantage;
- Experience of using accounting packages, as well as MS Office;
- Experience with dealing with multiple foreign currency transactions such as USD and GBP;
- Experience with maintaining inter-company accounts for companies within a group;
- Ability to work with the competing deadlines and keen attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to take the initiative and the complete work of the highest quality in a timely manner;
- Experience of the Tanzanian tax and regulatory environment; and,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to both
- work in a team and develop other team members.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their CV (no more than 3 pages) together with a 1 page covering letter explaining why they are suited to the job. A current passport sized photo should also be attached.
The documents should be sent to:BukobaAccountantApps@edi-global.com
Applications should be received no later than Friday 5th March, 2021 before 4:00pm. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
In the email subject field please enter your name and name of the post you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted