Program Manager – Governance
The Embassy is responsible for representing and promoting Swedish interests in Tanzania and has approximately 40 employees. The overall tasks of the Embassy include supporting business and trade, development cooperation as well as consular and visa services.
The strategy for Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania 2020 – 2024 focuses on four results areas i.e. 1). Democracy, the rule of law, human rights and gender equality; 2). Education; 3). Inclusive economic development; 4). Environment, climate and energy.
The current recruitment concerns a position as Program Manager in the development cooperation section, within results area one. The development cooperation section includes 18 employees.
PROGRAM MANAGER – GOVERNANCE
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Program Manager responsible for governance with a focus on rule of law and gender equality
Scope and responsibilities:
In close cooperation with colleagues, you will contribute to Sweden’s combined effort to implement the strategy 2020 – 2024, to achieve the overall objective of Swedish development cooperation of supporting people in poverty and under oppression to improve their living conditions. We strive to support change through a holistic multidimensional perspective on poverty. Follow-up and close cooperation with partner organisations are also at the core of our approach.
We are looking for a new person to welcome to our team that has good ability to collaborate and build trusting relationships with both colleagues and external partners. You also need to have the ability to lead yourself by self-sustaining, taking initiatives and pushing issues forward. To succeed in this role, you should have the ability to communicate effectively. Finally, it is important to be flexible; solution- oriented and capable of handling the unpredictable.
The position involves being responsible for the following main tasks:
- Managing contributions within the area of governance with a particular focus on the rule of law and gender equality.
- Be the focal point for gender equality at the Embassy.
- Contribute to the overall dialogue and coordination within the area of governance.
- Contribute to analysis as well as operational planning, implementation, follow up and reporting of the strategy focusing mainly on governance, rule of law and gender equality.
- Contribute to strategic communication in the field.
- Be an active team member at the Embassy contributing to the overall responsibilities of the Embassy. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a Law degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in development cooperation, including contribution management as well as follow up and dialogue with partners.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to engage in dialogue with different actors
- Ability to translate strategies and analyses into concrete actions with clear goals
- Ability to collaborate in groups towards common goals
- Basic knowledge of contribution management and administrative skills
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Expertise in the areas of rule of law in Tanzania and gender equality.
- Experience from working for other international development partners
If you are interested in this job opportunity, e-mail us your CV (max, suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write line. The deadline is 16th July 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates.
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 July 2021.