The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
Post Title : Zonal Manager (1 post) – Re-advertised
Duty Station : Dodoma
Reports to : Director General
Zonal Manager will be responsible for administration of day-to- day activities of Zonal Office and carrying out the coordination of monitoring of regulated services with a Zone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee implementation of EWURA’s mandate in respect of regulating energy and water sectors as per EWURA Act, Cap. 414, sectors legislation and other relevant applicable laws at the Zone;
- To supervise licensing and enforcement activities carried out at Zonal Office;
- To ensure implementation of the performance and compliance monitoring activities in the zone;
- To coordinate tariff review activities in the zone;
- To manage communications and public relations issues in Zonal Office in line with Authority’s communication policy;
- To handle consumer complaint settlement process for complaints submitted at Zonal Office;
- To prepare periodic zonal performance reports;
- To undertake administrative services and financial management activities including, budgeting, approving zonal expenditures and reporting on financial performance of the zone;
- To manage purchases of goods and services at the Zonal Office;
- To ensure proper management of the Authority’s records at the Zonal office;
- To provide support in overseeing prudent management of the Authority’s resources at zonal offices, including to keep records on their utilization;
- To coordinate awareness and public education activities in the zone; and
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Engineering majoring in Civil, Mechanical .petroleum, electricity or water resources management, Economics, Finance, Law, Business or Public Administration, Geology, Oil and Gas Science, Energy Economics, Mass Communication, Public Relation or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Knowledge in any of Regulated sub sectors will be an added advantage.
- Must have work experience of at least eight (8) years in related field and should be at the rank of at least senior officer.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 17th September 2021.
- All applicants who applied earlier for the posts of Central Zone Manager and Natural Gas Transmission Manager; and still qualify for the posts are encouraged to reapply.
- Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address mentioned above shall not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 September 2021.