JOB OPPOETUNITY AT GAS ENTEC CO LTD
PROJECT TITLE: CONSTRUCTION OF 1200 PASSENGER FERRY SHIP
DESIGNATION: Crane Operator (1 POST)
PLACE OF WORK: MWANZA
Responsible for Crane Operation and maintenance Inspecting equipment, structures,
or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Servicing,
repairing, adjusting, and testing machines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Operating Cran
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, or turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, or placing loads.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
- Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices, making repairs, as necessary.
- Load or unload bundles from trucks, blocks, or move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
- Review daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
- Inspect bundle packaging for conformance to regulations or customer requirements, and remove and batch packaging tickets.
- Direct truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays and cover, uncover, or secure loads for delivery.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical certificate of Crane operation above 200 tones
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant experience as a crane operators
- Crane operation certificate certified by OSHA is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems..
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a
- Machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
- Weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of
- Potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CVS
- Certified copies of academics and professionals certificates
- Driving licenses
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
- Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following Mail address
Human Resource & Management
GAS ENTEC Company Limited,
DEADLINE 05 th February, 2021