ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technical Aid 2 – Ore Control
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (Two Years)
Reporting to: Supervisor – Mine Geology
Number of Positions: Four (04)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to provide technical assistance in monitoring the quality of ore mining and applying discretion on ore-waste contacts. The role holder records basic geological observations and measurements, collects ore movement data, map and plan reading.
Diploma in Geology or Secondary Education with more than 10 years’ experience in Open Pit Mining.
Valid Tanzanian driving license with class B and D or above.
- Candidates with Diploma in Geology must have 2+ years’ experience in Open Pit Mining.
- Candidates with Secondary Education only must have 10+ years’ experience in Open Pit Mining.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure all geological work is undertaken in a safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly manner.
- Prepare and organize all gears required for ore spotting and Rompad management.
- Assist ore technicians to record ore material movement and ensure they are directed to correct destination.
- Assist ore control technician to collect samples from stockpiles for grade performance checks.
- Maintain proper communication between ore spotters, Mine ROM supervisor, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all grade control samples are collected from drilling site to geology dispatching area maintaining QAQC standards.
- Basic Microsoft Computer skills
- Driving skill and able to drive a manual light vehicle.
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach, in the field.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technical Aid 2 – Ore Control”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website www.geitamine.com for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 13th December 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com