TITTLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, HOSPITALITY
LOCATION: ARUSHA- KARATU
- Gibbs Farm, a high end five-star lodge in the Arusha – Karatu area currently has available a live-in position for a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Lodge Controller.
- We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough senior accountant to join our renowned operation. Inthis role, you will demonstrate your management skills and accounting expertise in a variety of personal and corporate accounting practices.
- Please only apply by email below with Resume, Qualifications, availability, and a cover letter demonstrating suitability for the position
- Hands-on, self-driven and motivated
- Organised and results oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in dealing with and tolerant of diverse cultures, languages, and environments.
- Highly numerate and accurate, with an eye for detail on numbers and analysis of financial results
- Highly ethical and integrous with the ability to be principled when necessary.
- Finance reporting function for all departments, balance sheet reconciliations & process monthly journals, monthly management account reporting, variance analysis, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and high-level forecasts.
- Treasury management and cashflow forecasting
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Debtors age analysis and bad debt provision of Revaluation and authorisation of all bank reconciliations
- Review and approval of payment obligations (creditors)
- Maintain commercial focus through preparation & review of detailed budgets, forecasts and input into management decisions.
- Investigate and report variances and implement controls to reduce variances where relevant.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the responsibilities of subordinates to ensure they are performing in line with expectations.
- Manage External Audit and queries with Audit Team.
- Co-ordinate regional annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Completion and submission of relevant tax returns, including VAT, Income Tax, PAYE and Withholding Tax
- Maintain procedures for custody and control of assets and records in order to ensure safekeeping.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal customers and provide assistance when problems may be encountered.
- Monthly preparation of the payroll and reviewing regional payroll.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a MUST
- Must be proficient with Quick Book, MS Office Packages and be able to demonstrate superior MS Excel abilitiesExperience in Res Request a plus
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment.
- East African Tax & Accounting experience an advantage
- International experience is a plus.
- Luxury lodge experience an advantage.
- Willing to relocate to Gibbs Farm/Karatu
- Must be highly numerate in financial reporting, internal controls, taxation, relationships with key stakeholders and problem solving.
- Strong Commercial focus
- Able to prioritise and balance Commercial and technical financial requirements.
- The ability to generate and maintain a positive momentum and focus.
- Consistently maintaining a high productivity level whilst demonstrating drive, stamina and the capacity to work hard.
- aintains ethical and professional norms in all activities and including a willingness to develop oneself further.
- Able to coach and facilitate the development of others’ knowledge and skills, providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
- Competitive salary
- Live in Position room and board provided, shared single accommodation.
- Medical insurance
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV ALONG WITH A DETAILED COVERING LETTER VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD REACH THE ABOVE ON OR
BEFORE 24TH MAY 2021,18HR00.