Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: November 15th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is looking for a qualified and experienced candidate to take the position of Research Officer in the PanACEA II – SUDOCU trial at Mwananyamala Regional Referral Hospital in Dar es Salaam. The Officer will be responsible for recruitment and making follow ups of study participants, including giving clinical care of any medical condition as presented by study participants. The Officer will also supervise medical attendants and field workers so that activities at the TB clinic runs smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen patients and ensure all study related forms are properly and accurately filled and data is entered on daily in electronic data capturing
- Enroll patients to the study, follow-up and provision of clinical care to all study participants
- Manage patients and respond to queries, concerns and issues raised by the supervisor/principal investigator or a
- Identify and manage adverse and severe adverse events and ensure that participant’s privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Oversee all follow up visits are scheduled and coordinate tracing of participants in case of missed
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and active participation in all
- Initial development of SOPs and ensure the study is done according to the working protocol and adherence to the guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Maintain close professional relationship with the government officials in the study
- Coordinate clinical activities in close supervision with the study PI to ensure that the study specific SOPs are complete and are updated
- Follow up of the patients and work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator (PI) or co-PI.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree of Medicine (MD).
- Experience on research related work, especially clinical
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient Management skills
- Computer (ICT)
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday November 15th 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – PanACEA II. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania