Tax Consultant Tax
Kinondoni, Dar Es Salaam
The Tax Consultant will be responsible to convey complicated taxation advice to clients, show interest in following changes to tax regulations and laws, a highly motivated individual with outstanding ‘people’ and time management skills.
- Write proposals.
- Create tax data collection systems.
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner.
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules.
- Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings.
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken.
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities.
- Coordinate outsourced tax preparation work.
- Identify tax savings in prospective acquisition scenarios.
- Assist clients in responding to tax queries.
- Carry out client’s tax health checks
- Assist and update clients on tax returns
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Taxation/Accounting/ Finance.
- A Master’s degree in relevant subjects is an added advantage.
- Relevant field certification and active license (or actively working to obtain certification)
- 3- 5 years’ work experience in taxation.
- Proven experience as a tax expert.
- In-depth understanding of relevant control practices.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software.
- Communicate effectively, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Understand accounting and economics.
- Integrity and reliability.
Application deadline Friday, 19th March 2021