I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position grade G-1
Duty station Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Durations 6 Months with possibility of extension
Position number To be created
Job family Support
Organizational unit Operations Unit
Reports directly to VAC Team Leader
Overall Supervised by Chief of Mission
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Dar es Salaam and direct supervision of the VAC Team Leader in Dar es Salaam; the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks
III. CORE FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
1. Maintain office cleaners, which includes clearing the offices, bathrooms, common areas, mopping floors, dusting computers and phones on daily basis.
2. Keeping kitchens, toilets in hygienic condition and replenish sanitary items as deemed necessary.
3. Advise Procurement staff about cleaning materials needs.
4. Notify supervisor about any repairs that she/he deems necessary.
5. Prepare the tea/Coffee for the staff on daily basis.
6. Provide hospitality for the office visitors.
7. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of six months’ work experience in office cleaning.
- Secondary Diploma.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Accountability-takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Continuous Learning-promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communications-listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management-Provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Professionalism-Displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork-contributes to a collegial team environment incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Awareness-displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
All application documents will be handled in accordance with IOM data protection policy. The selected candidate is required to commence the assignment as soon as the recruitment process completes.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: email@example.com
The vacancy is opened for both Internal and External Candidates.
Only e-mail applications will be considered.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process
 Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 December 2021.