The Madrasa Early Childhood Programme – Zanzibar (MECP-Z) is an Early Childhood Development (ECD) organization supported by the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF). MECP-Z has been implementing ECD programs in Zanzibar for over 25 years. MECP-Z received full registration as a pre-primary Teacher Training Institute and is working in partnership with the government and other local and international ECD stakeholders to support early childhood development and care for child development in Tanzania.
MECP-Z has secured grants from Global Affairs Canada and Armstrong Foundation, through Aga Khan Foundation to support Early Childhood Education in Zanzibar and Lindi in the next four years. The project is aimed at strengthening delivery of quality, gender-responsive, and inclusive education, early childhood development, and other sustainable development services in Zanzibar and Lindi
To help achieve the goals of the project, MECP-Z is looking for the well qualified personnel to fill in the following positions.
PROJECT OFFICER (1 Position -Lindi)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting project activities at field level, according to the laid-out project objectives, targets, and timelines as assigned by the Academic Manager.
- Supporting community mobilization, engagement, and assessment of needs to ensure achievement of project objectives.
- Coordinating a diverse range of community level stakeholders, including local government authorities, for the successful co-implementation of activities at field level.
- Facilitating engagement of target communities by technical partners as needed.
- Participating in strengthening the MERL function through improved collection and effective use of data, including facilitating and reporting on community response to activities.
- Developing timely and quality progress reports, public information items and/or publications for the project.
- Providing up-to-date information on the progress of the project implementation at the field level including successes, risks, and challenges with sound recommendations for response.
- Promoting gender-sensitive, inclusive, and active community participation in the development and implementation of the project activities.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the local government authority and other community leaders as well as key local partners.
- Ensure safeguarding at all time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in social studies, education, community development, or any other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in community development field tapping into community resources and linkages.
- Experience working in Professional Development of Teachers
- Experience working in Integrated Early Childhood Development
- Demonstrated ability to manage and facilitate community partnerships.
- Competent in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc).
- Knowledge of digital data collection tools and digital financial services is an advantage.
- Proven ability to design community mobilization, sensitization, awareness raising and action activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – proficiency in English and Kiswahili is mandatory.
- Self-motivated, good organization and management skills including a demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines, with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision.
- Able to learn from and adapt to complex situations.
- Able to work independently, remotely, and within a team.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be sent:
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 18th April 2021 16:30.
Applicants should send their Application Letter and CVs to:
Madrasa Ealy Childhood Programme – Zanzibar
P. O. Box 3716 – Zanzibar
Kiponda – Zanzibar
All emails should bear a heading of the post applied for and the location.
MECP-Z provides equal employment opportunities for all. Women and People with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.