Maurel & Prom is an oil and gas exploration and production company listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris specialising in the production of hydrocarbons. It manages corporate, environmental and social risks. Within Tanzania, the Mnazi Bay & Msimbati gas fields have been onstream and continuously producing since 2006 making Mnazi Bay a significant contributor to the gas supply for power in Tanzania. Maurel & Prom Exploration Production (T) Ltd. is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a vacancy of Junior Operator reporting to Operations Leader. The Junior Operator will have overall responsibility and accountability to ensure smooth operation of the plant at the required standard.
The appropriate candidate sought for this position must possess at least Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Petroleum / Chemical Engineering from a recognised institution with Tanzania. The candidate should also have an understanding in the operations of oil and gas, deep understanding of hydrocarbons and that of gas processing. Must poses good analytical skills, laboratory skills. Must be execution orientation with an ability to execute & deliver results with minimum supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all utility systems including diesel and gas generation engines, instruments air, fire pumps, potable water and Evaporator systems are operating efficiently
- Undertake routine checks and monitoring of all process equipment from wellhead to delivery, including separators, re-boiler, wellheads, manifolds and pumping systems in accordance with established operating procedures and practices Log and record all operation data, analyze and identify abnormal operating conditions and take appropriate steps toward correcting or reporting problem found
- Ensure that recording and production reporting are carried out timely and to the required standards
- Liaise closely with Control Room Operator to adjust or regulate the process as may be required
- Promote and implement company’s safety, Health and environmental policies
- Perform all laboratory tests including PH analysis, salinity, temperature, specific gravity, and conductivity, oil in water and triethylene glycol concentration analysis.
- Promote and contribute to culture of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Maintain good housekeeping at control room, sleeping room and washing room
- Perform any other duty as being assigned by your supervisor.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The successful candidate will be engaged on Permanent terms.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae which includes three referees with their contacts to the under mentioned addressee on or before 30th April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Maurel & Prom Exploration Production Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunity employer, therefore this position is open to all.
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR,
MAUREL & PROM EXPLORATION PRODUCTION
P.O BOX 80460,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 April 2021