Maternal and Child Health Officers
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Dar-Subs January 2021 Vacancies
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
JOB TITLE: Maternal and Child Health Officer (01).
WORKSTATION: Ubungo Municipal Council
REPORTS TO: District AIDS Control Coordinator (DACC)
The Maternal and Child Health Officer (MCHO) is a self-motivated individual who will assist the Regional Maternal and Child Health Officer (RMCHO) in implementation of the MCH activities at district level. She/he will report to the Regional MCHO and will work in close collaboration with the Regional Maternal and Child Health Manager (RMCHM).
- Assist MDH supported PMTCT and Pediatrics clinics to meet the national standards for comprehensive management of HIV/AIDS
- Support the MCH unit to achieve optimal uptake of viral loads services among clients in both pediatrics and PMTCT units
- Providing technical assistance to site staff on implementation of national standards for PMTCT and Early infant diagnosis at PMTCT within the respective district.
- Coordinate and actively participate in Joint Supportive Supervision (JSS) with the district teams
- Support and supervise facility and provider tailored mentorship
- Identify training needs among supported facilities and ensure that quality trainings are conducted
- Offer follow up of trained HCPs to ensure that the knowledge gained translate into skills and competency acquisition
- Assist the RMCHO & RMCHM in preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual district reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree/ Advance Diploma in Social Work
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine/ Nursing/ Nurse Midwife
- At least three years of experience on HIV/AIDS Program implementation
- Minimum of three years’ experience on MCH unit service
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to work in team setting
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 1st February, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.