Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
MDH under Global Fund – TB Grant seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the vacancy of Project Manager who will support national efforts in improving case detection and management of TB in seven (7) regions of Kagera, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Mara, Tanga, Mbeya and Ruvuma.
Project: Global Fund – TB Project
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs Technical Support
The Project Manager will be responsible for the direct management of TB project including; planning, execution, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project implementation, budget management, CSOs and CBOs management. The project manager will lead a team of other project staff and offer them technical support in project implementation geared towards accelerating TB case detection and management. He/ She will also be responsible for managing communication among key project stakeholders including MDH’s senior management, project primary fund recipient, project community stakeholders, donors, government and non-governmental stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop annual costed project work-plans in-line with agreed project plan, objectives, outcomes and deliverables, and national guidelines.
2. Coordinate overall implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities as per approved work plan and budget and ensure that MDH attains and exceeds assigned targets.
3. Supervise, provide technical support on program implementation and perform periodic performance evaluation to other project staff under him/her.
4. Mobilize and engage all key project stakeholders, including central and local government authorities, community stakeholders and direct project beneficiaries, in the planning, implementation and evaluation of project implementation.
5. Oversee and ensure efficient management project expenditure and other resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
6. Work with the project M&E manager to put in place an efficient system for routine project data recording, cleaning, reporting and utilization.
7. Lead and actively participate in programmatic and scientific analysis of project data to inform planning, decision making and resource allocation in project implementation as well as wider dissemination of project findings.
8. Prepare routine and ad-hoc project reports, share them for review and approval by supervisor and MDH senior management, and submit them to the project prime/ donor and other stakeholders as per agreed timelines.
9. Organize periodic project review meetings, as per approved work-plan, and ensure active engagement of all relevant key stakeholders.
10. Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
1. Medical Degree and Post graduate training in Public Health.
2. At least five (5) years relevant working experience in the area of TB /project planning and implementation at both facility and community settings.
3. At least five (5) years working experience in an NGO environment or donor funded project. Experience with Global Fund projects will be an added advantage.
4. Knowledge in National and International TB Policies/ Guidelines.
5. Good knowledge of the National Health System.
6. Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and representational skills.
7. Expertise in research and with ability to identify, adapt best practices to specific project contexts.
8. Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation in English as well as in Kiswahili.
9. Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national projects as well as technical staff.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 31stAugust,2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates.
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 August 2021.