Medical Activity Manager
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 3rd of January 2022
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT in Nduta
Location: NDUTA CAMP (KIBONDO, KIGOMA REGION)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
• Bachelor of Medicine from an institution recognized by the relevant government body in TZ
MUST BE REGISTERED UNDER MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TANGANIYKA
- Essential 2 years working experience related to the diploma/degree
- Experience in managerial positions is required
- Working experience with MSF would be considered as an extra asset
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows
- English, French and Kirundi is a plus
Objectives of the position:
- To define, coordinate and monitor the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures
- To ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic Vision
- People Management and Development
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities on the different services at the hospital (Maternity, neonatology, emergency room, etc) and the primary health care activities (HIV, TB, non-communicable chronic diseases, etc.), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project.
- Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers …) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them and monitoring the drugs consumption.
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone numberto: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or send through: MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
Please make sure the subject of your email will be:
MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 15/12/2021
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted