Head, Treasury Risk
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements , Enterprise Risk Management Framework .Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role. This role is to lead the oversight of Liquidity, capital, market and interest risk on behalf of Head of Risk.
Risk Management 55%
- Where required, lead on development and maintenance of country specific Liquidity Risk, Capital risk, Market Risk Frameworks and Policy. Assist on Liquidity Standards development by Treasury.
- Lead and co-ordinate the drafting of country specific Capital Risk, Liquidity Risk and Market Framework and Policy.
- Review and recommend (if appropriate) improvements Liquidity, Capital and Market Standards and other documents to Head of Risk. Aim is to provide innovative solutions, for example suggesting improvements in the way resources are allocated.Provide updates to regulators and
- respond to inquiries into company’s capital risk, liquidity risk and market risk functions following appropriate governance.
- Continuously update detailed awareness of Treasury related issues and changes across relevant business areas;
- Provide assurance on compliance with the Capital Risk, Liquidity Risk and Market Risk Frameworks and policies to the Head of Risk and provide value adding recommendations to the Treasury senior management team to ensure that activities are controlled but also that processes are efficient.
- Provide direction and knowledge leadership to Treasury and others;
- Provide technical recommendations and advice on risk issues to senior management in Risk and Treasury;
- Contribute to the strategy recommendations for Liquidity Risk, Capital Risk and Market Risk management;
- Review and recommend/approve (or decline) Treasury proposals for limit changes/new metrics to Head of Risk.
- Provide advice to the in-country Treasury team regarding local issues from the review such as local regulatory requirements (typically at VP/Director level).
- Report on and monitor market risk exposures against predefined limits on a daily and timely basis
- Investigate and resolve back-testing market risk exceptions daily.
- Review and sign off, where required, on risk metrics daily.
- Report on and monitor exposures against predefined limits on a daily basis. Build an understanding of capital requirements and the drivers thereof to provide business with insight to make trading / hedging decisions.
- Participate in new product / business developments, significant change processes and complex trade reviews by performing risk assessment
- Review and challenge semi-annual Treasury attestations
- Support and provide guidance to Treasury team in the implementation of frameworks and policies
Project support 35%
- Represent the Risk team, for example our approach to managing Funding risk– from time to time, this includes calls or meetings with regulators (home and host) or internal/external auditors.
- Both on regulatory and general projects, the candidate are expected to provide a Risk view of how the strategy of Capital Risk, Liquidity Risk and Market Risks should develop. The candidate is expected to engage with the Programmes at a senior level and to make recommendations to the BAGL Key Risk Officer, Head of Risk and to the in-country Head of Treasury.
- Provide support on other technical activities of the treasury team as required.
- Provide expertise on Capital and Liquidity risk and input to key Group initiatives
- Liaise with Barclays Internal Audit on relevant audits
- Liaise with key stakeholders to address treasury risk
- Develop a wide network of contacts across Risk and the business to identify and work towards common goals.
- Know our clients/customers and understand how the conformance team’s work benefits them
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Director/Managing Director.
- Make sure our colleagues in the business are equipped to be able to protect our reputation at all times.
- Understand and adhere to the appropriate Barclays Policies and Standards applicable to the role.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) in the role thereby contributing to the adherence to the Barclays Risk and Control Framework. Complete all mandatory training as required
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Associate Professional Risk Manager (PRMIA) – Other, Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Finance and Tax, Financial Accounting (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Process optimisation (Meets all of the requirements), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements), Risk Management (Meets all of the requirements)