North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one Mechanical Trainer to join the Fixed Plant Maintenance team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned mechanical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the First Line Leader. This is a two years fixed contract role, with the work roster being (42) days on (21) days off.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of UG Fixed plant equipments/machines.
- Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to the First Line Leader.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed, and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules on the basis of daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
- Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
- End of month reporting of maintenance performance against plan.
- The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
- Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
- Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
- A Relevant trade qualification in Mechanical
- An additional Electrical Trade Certification would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 8 years’ Artisanal experience in mechanical fitting and fixed plant equipment maintenance.
- Repairs, maintenance and installation of pumps, diesel engines, conveyors and compressors
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 20th March 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com