UG First Line Leader
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit One (1) UG First Line Leader to join Underground Mining Production team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervision of the mine crews, to ensure safety is managed, and overall performance is monitored and efficient. Ensure that any non-conforming items (Quality and quantity) are immediately isolated and reported for corrective action to be taken.
Reporting to: Mine Foreman
- Supervise underground operations crews.
- Ensures compliance with the Mines Act.
- Ensures workplace safety and environmental standards are established and met, and that standards and procedures are communicated to site personnel.
- Ensure daily mine plan for the shift is achieved and compliance to mine to plan.
- Assists with filling personnel requirements for mine and other departments.
- Assists with sourcing and filling equipment needs.
- Prioritizes tasks and delegates workload to mine crews and monitors progress.
- Provides leadership and encourages performance and ensure the crew is taking the ownership.
- Communicates routinely and effectively with the Mine Manager and other supervisory personnel as required.
- Performs other related duties that may be required.
- Full compliance with underground safety management plan.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and training of new employees.
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the companies safety initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground operations.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of reading drawings and ability to follow specifications.
- A degree or Diploma in Mining Engineering will be of added advantage.
- Previous supervisory experience in underground mine and knowledge of sublevel stoping underground Mining method.
- The strong ability to form effective working relationships that allow achievement of job requirements.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively and drive results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with crew, leadership, and clients.
- Possess knowledge of Industry standard safe working practices.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th June, 2021.