Tanzania Client Data & Engagement Specialist
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role is to manage the daily work of our Client Data & Engagement Team, reporting to our Business operations, tech and IT manager. In this job, you’ll have two main responsibilities. Firstly, you’re managing the performance of our phone-based Client Engagement (“CE”) team which receives, directs and solves all phone-based farmer complaints. When this team performs at its best, it means you are helping us provide great customer service to our farmers. Secondly, you’re responsible for our client data quality, high-level weekly/monthly data reconciliations along with seasonal client data preparation and reporting. Accurate data is essential both for our external reporting and our internal decision making. This is a mid-level management role in which you will oversee a team of 6-8 people.
- Weekly monitoring and reporting of the performance of our customer engagement operators ensuring we’re resolving complaints as quickly as we can, immediately escalate any negative trends, and minimize missed calls/waiting time
- Liaise on a monthly basis with our Field Team to ensure the CE teams are well prepared to answer farmers questions or re-direct calls based on seasonal activities (e.g. crop health issues, order inquiries)
- Monitor, reconcile and resolve data/allocation issues with our client payments, repayments and orders on a weekly basis.
- In close collaboration with our field facing teams, complete seasonal client data activities such as data uploads/entry, client data configuration and reporting aiming for 100% data accuracy
- Support our external reporting with regards to revenue, repayment, VAT reporting and orders, on a quarterly basis.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as economics, accounting or data analytics
- 3+ years of experience in a role of similar scope and complexity (e.g. analytical role in a bank, client data management position in a mid-sized company)
- 3+ years of experience managing a small/medium sized team
- Technical skills: Data analytics, data processing (e.g. data cleaning, reconciliations), computer/CRM software
- Swahili and English fluency
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Tanzania
27 January 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.