REPOA is an independent research institution, registered as a non-profit NGO under the laws of Tanzania. The institution was established in 1994 and primarily undertakes research and utilizes knowledge to facilitate socioeconomic transformation for inclusive development. In addition to research, the organization undertakes capacity building of the intellectual resource (researchers and research users) and facilitates the utilization of research findings by promoting evidence-based dialogue and participating in policy reviews and development.
REPOA is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the position of Director of Finance and Administration (DFA). The job holder reports to the Executive Director and provides leadership and Management of the Finance, HR, ICT and Resource Centre. The position is responsible for ensuring sound financial practices and putting in place robust internal controls in all REPOA’s projects and routine undertakings that involve financial transactions. The DFA will promote high standards of accountability and management of resources. The DFA will also ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and strong audit performance and Compliance and will oversee effective management of personnel and assets. The DFA will be recruited on a two-year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
We would like to invite applications from suitable candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue guidelines for development of annual plans and departmental budgets, including coordinating the merging of departmental budgets into an annual consolidated budget and presentation of proposed budget to the Board of Directors.
- Review various institutional systems and procedures relating to finance and administration to ensure compliance with Government requirements including taxes and levies, acceptable standards and best practices.
- Overseeing standard operating policies and developing systems and controls and ensuring that operating manuals are up to date.
- Monitor implementation of approved budgets to ensure activities carried out correlate with the budget and established internal controls.
- Ensure availability of relevant infrastructure to support implementation of activities.
- Coordinate preparation of periodic financial reports and presentation of the reports to the Board of Directors for approval, including coordinating external audit exercise.
- Manage expenditure and cash flows of the institution, including making decisions on the areas of investment.
- Maintaining a risk register and manage potential financial and ICT related risks and advise the management on available options and ways to mitigate them.
- Coordinate acquisition of library materials to ensure availability of up to date journals, books and other reference materials for the resource centre.
- Supervise HR issues to ensure smooth running of the institution, including assessment of capacity limitations, trainings, and other appropriate steps to improve staff performance.
- Supervise finance, HR and ICT personnel and managing their performance and development.
- Providing financial support and advice to the Executive Director and staff in various projects.
- Ensure overall responsibility of the finance staff and systems and instil culture of efficiency, integrity and transparency of the financial operations.
- Ensuring contractual compliance with financial regulations and requirements agreed between REPOA and donors.
- Overseeing management of contracts with suppliers.
- Secretary to the Audit and Risk committee of the Board of Directors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must be registered by NBAA as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent qualification issued by recognized institution. In addition, must possess master’s degree or business administration from a recognised higher learning institution.
- At least 8 years’ experience in Finance and Administration as a senior or Principal Accountant, with high level of involvement in making strategic and operational decisions and managing personnel and administration portfolio.
- Previous experience of managing donor funds, operations of NGOs and multiple projects is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, integrity, initiative and ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili. Proven record for use of accounting software.
- Knowledge of Pastel software will be added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this job opportunity, e-mail us your CV (max. 5 pages) and cover letter explaining your suitability for this role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “DFA” in your e-mail subject line. Executive Search and Selection Division Prospect Africa Limited e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline is on Friday, 22nd Oct. 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.