Wearhouse Coordinator – Glass Operations
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the very best people.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits).
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Purpose of Role
To manage inbound and outbound inventory operations in form of products (Raw Materials, finished goods, packaging materials, Point of Sale (POS) for a specific warehouse as might be assigned. This is to be done efficiently, safely and cost effectively. Work closely with Inbound and Outbound Postings to make sure system inventories ties up to What is on Ground. Work with Transport functions to improve TAT at warehouse operations
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Execution of Distribution Requirements Plan (DRP) and Materials Requirement Plans (MRP) to ensure appropriate Warehouse Utilisation and Turn Around of Trucks in the warehouse.
- Inventory Management: Carryout daily counts, Monthly and Annual stock takes and variance analysis, Track inventory levels, Track stock aging, Innovations and SLOBs plus relaying information back to PLAN.
- Performance Management reviews: Lead Shift based and Daily performance reviews (Meetings, KPIs, Walkabouts, action tracking and Escalations to the Warehouse Manager for both Diageo and 3PL. improvements and implementation of initiatives.
- Controls: Ensure that the warehouse (owned or leased) meets Diageo’s HSE standards, Optimise lighting, signage, security, warehouse racks and layout configuration ways of brewing, CARM, IAA, ISOs and SFIPP.
Qualifications and Experience Required
A Bachelor’s Degree. Or Higher diploma
A minimum of 4 years working experience in a related, operations or inventory management role.
Computer literate and ability to work under agreed timelines and priorities.
Good interpersonal skills, convincing personality, and a team player.
Good Communicator, commercially acumen and able to adapt to a fast changing operations environment.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to uphold Standards – The role holder will be expected to embrace the EISC Standards, apply them effectively in their role and adhere to them at all times.
- Lack of understanding of Performance Management – The role holder will understand the importance of tiered performance management, identifying critical KPIs and required practices on a shift, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis with the ability to bring suppliers on the same journey.
- Inability to drive Continuous Improvement – the role holder will be expected to be flexible and embrace change, continually looking for ways to improve everything they do. They will use various continuous improvement tools and techniques to solve problems.
- Inability to communicate effectively: the role holder will be working with teams on site and remote, teams that report and do not report to him/her.