POSITION: ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
TYPE: FULL TIME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing technology for pollution control and waste management.
- Collecting and analyzing data.
- Carrying out site assessments to determine the environmental impact of commercial activity.
- Studying human influences on the environment.
- Improving environmental conservation management including recycling, public health, and water and air pollution.
- Identifying critical research areas such as renewable energy, climate change and food and water security.
- Undertaking environmental protection project such as ensuring design project complies with environmental and health regulation.
- Ensuring design project comply with environmental and health regulation.
- Serve as a technical advisor on environmental policies and standards.
- Addressing problems and develop environmental solutions to prevent damage.
- Document and maintain plans, requirement, protocols, permits and standards operating procedures.
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirement especially health and safety.
- Conduct research and technical audits on environmental impact of project, analyze data and perform quality control checks.
- Address problems and develop environmental solution to prevent damage.
- Serve as a technical advisor on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory applicability.
- Prepare hazardous waste manifests and disposal restriction notification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil engineering, Environmental engineering, surveying geometrics or related field.
- Registration /licensure as a professional engineer may be added advantage.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high level of accuracy and design.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Strong ethical standard.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in written, oral communication and proficiency with technical reports
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- A minimum of 2 -3 years experience in surveys, Civil and Environmental field, related of experience in road projects with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators and deliver good results.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power point, Internet and Access)
Qualified candidates should electronically submit their application letter and CV addressed to HR of SOUTHERN LINK LTD through the Email email@example.com by 22 th October 2021.
NOTE: Only candidates who meet the requirements and short listed for the interview will be contacted.
Hand Written Applications are not accepted