TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American
Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
POSITION: SANITATION &HYGIENE PROMOTER (1 POSITION)
Duty Station: ZANZIBAR
Reports to: Wash Officer
Age Limit: Not Above 45Years
- Responsible for the implementation of all planned community
- Responsible for Community engagement activities
- Responsible for conducting community meetings with relevant stakeholders for the identification of water, sanitation and hygiene
- Responsible for liaising volunteers, community leaders and beneficiaries
- Demonstrable knowledge on Hygiene promotion approaches for participatory and community diagnosis (e.g.; CLTS, Hand washing, Menstrual Hygiene Management, COVID19, Sexual and Reproductive health).
- Development of hygiene promotion, topics, hygiene sessions and IEC materials for
- Prepare concept note of activities, compile and collect field data for evaluation of verifiable objectives indicators of the
- To supervise and lead community project volunteers to perform project
- Prepare activity and progress reports, monthly, quarterly and
- Strengthening Red Cross branches and dissemination of Red Cross to the Communities in
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time.
- Minimum qualifications: Diploma in Social Sciences /Community Development / Public Health
- At least 3 years’ experience in community development projects preferred WASH
- Experienced in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene(WASH) promotion
- Community and social skills to mobilise the community
- Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) ü Knowledge in environmental public
- Fluent in Swahili and English
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through online form (Copy the following link and paste it on your browser) forms.gle/MEYp9xw9qsBDR1qN7 clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than August 30th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
TANZANIA REDCROSS SOCIETY VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: email@example.com.