ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.
Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS). THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions for the PEPFAR/CDC AFYA KWANZA HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program:
POSITION TITLE: Data Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager Pwani & M&E Manager
LOCATION: Pwani Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide technical support in implementing high-standard paper-based and computer-based health facility record keeping systems for patient record management of CTC / HTS/APSS/PMTCT, Cervical Cancer Screening, Nutrition and Gender based Violence programs in support of the Ministry of Health’s National AIDS Control Programme. To provide technical support in data management for public health evaluations as needed.
- Lead in maintaining and updating regional databases for care and treatment, TB/HIV, HCT, and other databases as assigned
- Assist to provide technical assistance to regional supported facilities within Pwani region in collaboration with R/CHMT members
- Build capacity of R/CHMT in data management and data use for program improvement
- Implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data management
- Ensure that DQA is carried out quarterly according to DQA SOP’s and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are implemented
- Ensure Pwani Region compliance to policies for data quality assurance and reporting requirements
- Train and supervise Data officers in the councils and in the supported CHMTs to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis
- To perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related discipline. Advanced skills in Database programming, and analytical software an advantage
- A background in nursing, health science or a related discipline are an advantage
- 3+ years relevant experience years’ experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance.
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independent
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email, firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 10th 2021 with a subject line Data Manager Pwani Region. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is 10 April 2021