Anticipated USAID Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121 RFA 00003
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social services to Tanzanians.
THPS is seeking interested and competent individuals to apply for the following key positions as part of its application to the anticipated USAID OVC NOFO: Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121RFA00003.
Job title: Finance Manager
Directly Reports to: Chief of Party – OVC next Generation Project
Dual reporting: Chief Operations Officer Location: THPS HQ – Dar es Salaam
Supervises: Project Accountant, Administration Officers – USAID (OVC) Next Generation
Purpose and Scope of Job:
The Finance Manager for USAID OVC next generation will oversee and maintain financial management and administrative procedures for the project as per THPS and USAID Policies and Guidelines. Responsible in providing scheduled (i.e Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annually and annually) and ad hoc reports where needed. Also providing advice the Chief of Party (COP) and Chief Operations Officer (COO) in all financial and administrative issues including the
compliance and adherence to THPS financial and administrative policies and procedures. To effectively support payments to all THPS/USAID OVC next Generation Project
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and implement systems for proper management of program finances as per the donor
- Provide guidance and make sure that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with THPS Policies and Procedures, and USAID requirements.
- Develop and maintain proper internal control procedures for all receipts and
- Participate and provide key inputs in all activities in the development of annual Program
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annually and annually expenditure reports to assist in decision making of the management in their approved budget utilization
- Ensure timely financial reporting to donors and provide clarifications to queries raised by donor
- Assist the Chief of Party and Chief Operations Officer in addressing Cooperative Agreement (CA) related issues, ensuring that CA financial controls and system comply with donor
- Work closely with other key headquarters staff to refine and adapt guidelines for local office
- Checks on all payment documents for complete documentation and availability of sufficient budget/funds before payment is
- Ensure timely payment of project’s staff
- Ensure timely reconciliation of cash and bank
- Keep track of trainings to be conducted each month and ensure that all trainings conducted during the years align with the approved trainings
- Ensure vehicles are managed carefully, by reviewing vehicle log when spares that are needed and review fuel reconciliation before issuing new
- Supervise and oversee all finance and Admin operations under USAID OVC Next Generation Project to assure smooth running of the
- Ensure all offices are kept clean including the zonal offices, with all equipment to support staff
- Facilitate and support external Audits for USAID OVC Next Generation, comply with Auditors requirements and liaise with their
- Ensure SAGE Accounting package is up running with all agreed
- Ensure each zonal budget under USAID OVC next Generation that are being followed to implement activities and expenditures against budgets are shared accordingly each
- Supervise all trainings and meetings including planning, venue booking and arrangements through HQ and Zonal Administration
- To assist COP, THPS Finance and Administration Manager, and COO to supervise all administrative activities of
- Provide training on financial policies and procedures to program staff and others as required from time to
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related filed
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least ten years of experience in accounting and financial management on donor funded-
- Knowledge of USG cost Principles, rules, and regulations preferred
- Knowledge with SAGE Accounting package will be of added advantage
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by July 14th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘Finance Manager’’. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 July 2021.