Configuration, Change & Release Supervisor
Tanzania, United Republic of | req9562
Job Country: Tanzania
You are responsible to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all network related changes (covering access, transmission, core network, IT and IN/VAS), in order to minimize the impact of change related incidents upon service quality, and consequently to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization. You are also, responsible for developing the Change and Configuration Management strategy and roadmap in line with the overall MSP, Group Strategic direction & projects to ensure they meet business objectives; as well as developing high standard, high performing, efficient, optimal and reliable process and procedure as well as the governance thereof to highest international standards and identifying trends that will support and enable continuous improvement to the overall profitable growth of the Company.
This position also will be working close with: All staff as well as Senior and Middle Managers, and MSP’s, Suppliers, 3rd party companies, contractors and consultants
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE.
by connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity, and innovation.
- The Configuration, Change & Release Manager will be responsible for overseeing all Requests for Change (RFC)
- Establishment and running of a Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Liaison with all stakeholder disciplines to ensure that any Changes to the infrastructure are brought under Change Management control
- Establish Change Models to facilitate minor changes without recourse to the CAB
Reporting on Change activity
- The Configuration, Change & Release Manager will ensure standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all Changes to Configuration Items (CI) through effective Release Management
- The overall goal being to minimize the impact of Change related Incidents upon Service quality and consequently to improve the day-to-day operations
- To be the lead specialist for Configuration, Change & Release Management processes and activities
- Develop and implement Configuration, Change and Release Management policies and procedures
- Provide consultancy to staff on Configuration, Change and Release Management.
- Formulate long term strategic Service Improvement Plans (SIPs) for the areas of Configuration, Change and Release Management, developing business cases where necessary to improve services, reduce costs, ensure business continuity, etc.
- Plan the implementation of new Configuration, Change and Release Management initiatives and solutions
Manage own work schedule efficiently
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance using effective and professional communication skills with all levels of personnel
- To contribute to a wide variety of projects representing and advising upon Configuration, Change and Release Management issues.
- Liaise with third parties, contractors and staff to ensure Configuration, Change and Release Management policy is addressed by all bodies working with or on behalf of the the company
- Advise on any budgetary needs required to aid the implementation of Configuration, Change and Release Management strategy and policy and in setting longer term strategy and budget forecasting
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Works to the overall objectives agreed with the Head of Department to implements the Configuration Management policy and standards.
- Develop & implement Configuration Management policies and procedures and ensure that the entire organization complies with the procedures
- Responsible for development of the Configuration Management systems including the design, implementation and management of new/improved systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Creates and manages the Configuration Management plan, principles and processes and their implementation. This includes CI registration procedures; access controls and privileges. Ensures correct roles and responsibilities are defined in the Configuration Management plans and procedures.
- Proposes and agrees CIs to be uniquely identified with naming conventions. Ensures staff comply with identification standards.
- Proposes and/or agrees interfaces with Change Management, Problem Management, Network Management, Release
- Management, computer operations, logistics, finance and administration functions.
- Prepares and presents Configuration Management reports. These will include management (indicating suggested action to deal with current or foreseen shortcomings), impact analysis and configuration status reports.
- To regularly undertake detailed audits of the CMDB to ensure entries are maintained to a satisfactory level and IM&T products and services are fit for purpose
- Provides the CMDB to help identify other CIs affected by a fault that is affecting a CI facilitating Incident and Problem Management processes
- Performs configuration audits to check physical IT inventory is consistent with the CMDB and initiates any necessary corrective action.
- Establish, document, implement, manage and monitor the policy, processes and standards in line with overall objectives agreed with the Head of Department.
- Undertake detailed analysis of complex services, covering a broad range of technologies, to ensure that proposed changes are safe and fit for purpose, including comprehensive analysis of risk, business continuity, impact and resource requirements.
- Interpret, compare complex information and challenge proposed requests for change to ensure that the change is robust and that the impact on and risk to the organization is minimal
- Manage, review and close Requests for Change (RFC).
- Develop & implement Change Management policies and procedures and ensure that the entire organization complies with the procedures
- Arrange workshops to promote understanding of the Change Management process
- Develop and present Change Management reports as required
- Establishment and running of a Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Chair / Co Chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and the CAB/Emergency Committee
- Establish, document, implement, manage and monitor the Release Management process such that it satisfies the requirements of the Trust
- Develop & implement Release Management policies and procedures and ensure that the entire organization complies with the procedures
- Plan and organize a broad range of complex activities to oversee the successful release of software, hardware and associated Configuration Items for services, ensuring that their impact across the organization is controlled
- Coordinate services, implement & monitor Release Plans, including producing detailed timetables of events and documenting action plans by individual sites
- Design and implement efficient procedures for the distribution and installation of Changes to systems and services
- Ensure hardware and software being changed is traceable, secure and only correct, authorized and tested versions are installed
- Communicate and manage expectations during the planning and rollout of new Releases.
- Agree exact content and rollout plan for a Release, through liaison with Change Management
- Implement new software and hardware releases into the operational environment using the controlling processes of Configuration Management and Change Management – a Release should be under Change Management and may consist of any combination of hardware, software, firmware and document CIs
- Responsible for development and maintenance of a Definitive Software Library database (DSL), and ensure master copies of all software and associated installation instructions are secured therein.
- Take the lead on communication with senior business users regarding the ongoing development of role area.
- Produce, distribute and present monthly reports to Senior Management.
- Use tact and diplomacy skills to aid in the dissemination of complex information to internal and external customers at all levels.
- Present, interpret and explain complicated information to large groups of people in order to influence understanding and change.
- Mount an awareness campaign to win support for new Configuration, Change & Release Management procedures. Ensure changes to these methods and processes are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented.
- Publicise implementation of new Configuration, Change & Release Management systems.
- Telecommunication or related engineering experience (Mobile advantageous)
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Manager qualified or ability to obtain qualificationA/I
- Project Management Foundation level qualified or ability to obtain qualification
- Demonstrable experience of management responsibilities e.g. staff, financial and delivery performance
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to provide management recommendations
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills (spoken and written)
- 5 – 8 Years Telecommunication, IT, Computer Science or related engineering experience
- 3 Years in a Management capacity
- Management in a multi-cultural organization, suppliers, partners and other resources
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”. Only Successful Candidates will be contacted”
This position is open to people: Local