Eligibility criteriaMinimum age: 35 years old, unless specified otherwise below. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of taskUnder the overall supervision of the Senior Investment Manager and day to day management of the LFI Global Manager based in Tanzania, the UNV member will support the practice investment transaction team (investment officers and thematic advisors) in providing inputs on the design and target setting of development impact indicators, identification of investments impact KPIs, responsible for data collection, data entry and reporting on investments impact results and updating risks for the LD Dual Key revenue generating pipeline of investments in East Africa.
Support to Investments Impact assessments, adequacy of KPIs, M&E frameworks:
Early engagement with the LD Thematic Advisors and Investment Officers on the development impact indicators, KPIs, data collection plan and reporting.
Support the LD Senior Investment Manager in preparing investment impact recommendations on project proposals at the pre-investment stage.
Impact Monitoring, Data Collection and Reporting:
- Support the updating and maintaining of the LD Dual Key Pipeline Management database for impact targets and progress on each investment in the region.
- In close coordination with the investment transaction teams in the region, implements the yearly plan to monitor, collect and report on the development impact indicators against the approved LDIC impact monitoring frameworks and KPIs.
- Support to develop the costing plan for the financial and impact M&E, data collection and reporting for the LD Dual Key Pipeline in the region.
- Support in further improving the online tools for the monitoring and management of investments.
- Provides regular reporting on development impact, stories from the field, inputs into corporate reporting and RBM.
- Updates the risk logs for each investment on the Dual Key data base.
- Support the refining of systems, in coordination with the LD thematic initiatives, for data collection and sharing information among public and private sector partners.
- Collect and analyse data on the private sector, public private partnerships and municipal investment finance to make evidence-based decisions to better contribute to outcome level change and the overall impact of the LD Dual Key investing with impact approach.
- Support the capacity development of staff in the application of tools and practices around impact management as part of the LD Dual Key pipeline of revenue generating investments.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education – Additional Comments:At Least a bachelor’s degree in economics, public administration, development finance, development policy, marketing or related Development field, required
- Experience in investments impact measurement, onsite and offsite data collection, and reporting including against KPIs, M&E frameworks is required
- Experience in knowledge management, data mapping, impact and trends analysis is a plus
- Advanced computer skills especially in data base entry and maintenance, required.
- Required experience: 180 Months
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience in development finance, investment finance or Impact Investing, mandatory
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other finance, economics and administration related experience
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 4th May 2021