WaterAid Tanzania is hiring a consultant to conduct an evaluation of the Country Strategy in close collaboration with WaterAid staff. The learning captured through the evaluation will provide key input into the design of the next Country Strategy. The Country Programme Evaluation will generate insights on what has worked, where WaterAid’s niche has developed, and the challenges faced. These findings will inform the development of the next Country Strategy. Kindly express your interest before the 26th of April 2021.
The purpose of the Country Programme evaluation is to:
- Assess the contextual relevance of the current Country Strategy against the backdrop of changes in the external environment.
- Assess the effectiveness against the Country’s Strategic Objectives.
- Assess the added value and synergy of WaterAid’s programmes with regard to the WASH sector in Tanzania.
- Capture the lessons learned from the implementation of the Country Strategy and reflect on the implications for the development of the following Country Strategy
The role of a consultant is to:
- Use the evaluation questions defined by the Country Programme as a starting point, refine the evaluation questions in consultation with the CP;
- Build on the guidelines, develop a detailed methodology for evaluating the Country Strategy. The exact methodology will include the supporting tools such as the analytical framework for document review, topic guides for conducting Key Informant Interviews, etc.;
- Submit an inception report, to be revised based on WaterAid’s feedback;
- Analyse and synthesize internal documentation;
- Identify and analyse relevant external documents;
- Interview with WaterAid staff, government officials, INGOs, UN agencies, partners and CSOs
- Preparation of preliminary findings.
- Facilitation of reflection and validation workshop.
- Compilation of the final report using the template provided by WaterAid.
WaterAid Tanzania is looking for a consultant who meets the following requirements:
- Experience in conducting evaluations of strategic plans and large, multi-faceted programs.
- Strong analytical skills in qualitative information.
- Knowledge of the WASH sector in the country (but not necessarily a WASH expert).
- Experience in policy analysis; Experience in conducting interviews with different types of Key Informants, including government officials, Ministry of Water (MoW), Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA), Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MoEST) and Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), INGOs, NGOs, and CSOs.
- Experience in facilitating participatory workshops.
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills.
It is anticipated that the consultancy will take between 15 and 20 days. Please submit a budget separating consultancy fees and reimbursable expenses. The budget should be inclusive of all required taxes stipulated by Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA).
Expression of Interest
If you are interested in this consultancy, please submit your Expression of Interest to NduhuraInnocent@wateraid.org and CC NicombolweKidagho@wateraid.org ZuenaMasumay@wateraid.org . Please visit https://www.wateraid.org/tz/work-with-us
How to apply
Kindly express your interest before the 26th of April 2021 by downloading the ToR and advert for this assignment through Work with us | WaterAid Tanzania under the name CONSULTANT – COUNTRY PROGRAM EVALUATION and follow the instructions on how to apply as mentioned on the advert.
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 April 2021